• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with path select tool [MacBookPro]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a problem with my MacbookPro, in the behavior of the mouse or the Wacom tablet when selecting certain elements of Potoshop. Specifically, I have problems when selecting vector objects, usually with just a simple click on them they are selected, that's how it is on my IMac, but on the MacbookPro it doesn't work, it doesn't select it, or it only selects it sometimes. I have discovered that, on the contrary, with the trackpack it does select them normally, so I deduce that the problem must be that somehow the trackpad drivers make the mouse or wacom ones not work well.
Do you have any solution to this problem?
Thanks!
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Javier,

have you checked if there are any updated drivers for your graphics tablet? Have you also tried to reset your Adobe Photoshop preferences? I’ll leave you the guide on how to do this: Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried resetting Photoshop preferences and updated Wacom Drivers.... It didn't work 😞
I'm going to try to delete all Wacom drivers and reinstall them from scratch.
As soon as I open Photoshop with Apple's magic mouse I can select the vector objects directly, but if I minimise the window and maximise it again it doesn't work anymore. If I connect the Wacom it can't select correctly either.
MacBookPro 2021 / MacOs Monterey 12.6
Photoshop 23.5.1
Wacom Intuos Pro L Drivers 6.4.0-6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted the Wacom drivers but the problem persists with the Apple Magic Mouse, sometimes it selects vector shapes correctly with a single click, sometimes not, it is random.
MacBookPro 2021 / MacOs Monterey 12.6
Photoshop 23.5.1
Wacom Intuos Pro L Drivers 6.4.0-6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you try Photoshop 24, released yesterday? (it might be wise to keep the old version installed (uncheck "remove older version"), just in case there is an undiscovered issue in the new version: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html#advanced_options )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for your quick response. I have already installed the new version ..... unfortunately the problem has not been solved with this.
Relevant is the fact that this problem is also experienced by another co-worker with identical equipment to mine, the only difference being that he uses a Wacom Cintiq and I use a Wacom Intuos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!, I haven't been able to solve the problem. I actually know that the same problem occurs on older Macbooks, like the 2018 one (I asked a friend who has one to test it)-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer.... Could you please do a video capture of the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it happened only with the wacoms, I'd suggest you to post on their support channels, but it is strange that you almost never experience it with the trackpad, while you do with the mouse. Is your tablet connected wirelessly? that would be the common point with the magic mouse... Other software running at the same time? Streaming music, for instance, a web browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it also happens with the Apple agic mouse. Ok I will do the test with all programs turned off except photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have already tried to close all programs except photoshop.....(also to disconnect internet)...Nothing has improved 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines