Problem with textured brush not painting in different positions (Photoshop)

New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, so I’m having a problem with a textured brush that I’ve created. The image attached shows me fully 0EDF3A20-656B-43FF-8ECD-71A7C4738914.jpegpainting one layer using my brush. When I go to paint over this layer for a second time, the brush follows the pattern of the existing painted layer regardless of where I start making the stroke. This means that the painting can never get any darker in tone.

The brush was built with a main solid stroke and a texture which i added in brush settings. The brush stroke is only the black marks (the white is the background on a layer below).

This there a way that i could allow the brush to not only follow the fixed coordinates of the pattern? Hopefully i've explained myself well enough.

Thankyou for your help in advance!

Jay

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please provide the brush as an abr or at least post screenshots of all pertinent settings in the Brush Settings Panel. 

But I suspect you may have to improve the Pattern to better hide the seams or try working with Dual Brushes instead of Textures, if I understand your intention correctly. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines