• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems activating fonts in Photoshop

Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out what's going wrong with my fonts. I have an old file that I'm trying to update, in which I used HoeflerTitling HTF LtRoman and HoeflerText Black SmallCaps. I have activated these fonts in Connect Fonts (formerly known as Suitcase Fusion). They appear to be activated. But when I search PS for the fonts, they are not there. I've tried restarting and that didn't work. The fonts are active and working in InDesign, but refuse to show themselves in Photoshop. I don't know what is causing this behavior, but it's terribly frustrating. I hope someone can shed some light on what is going on! Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Hi. HOW old is the file? If you used Postscript Type 1 fonts, they are no longer supported in Photoshop (https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/postscript-type-1-font-support-has-come-to-the-end-of-support-in-the-photoshop-23-0-release/m-p/12502807). If they are that old, perhaps you can purchase newer technology versions of those fonts for current and future use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. HOW old is the file? If you used Postscript Type 1 fonts, they are no longer supported in Photoshop (https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/postscript-type-1-font-support-has-co...). If they are that old, perhaps you can purchase newer technology versions of those fonts for current and future use.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello ~

The file was created in 2019. 

Hmm, yes, I believe they are type 1 fonts. I have been seeing a notice on InDesign that T1 fonts will be discontinued in 2023, so I thought I still had some time in PS. Oh well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines