Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems exporting u3d

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using photoshop CC 2019, and trying to export a u3d file to embed in a pdf. The 3D was generated from a series of meshes that were combined in Blender, exported as obj, and then imported into Photoshop 3d. The problem is, as soon as I get to exporting the u3d I get the error "Cannot export because the texture Default IBL.tif can no longer be saved to its original format.  Please set this texture's mode and bit depth to something supported by Camera Raw." It will still export a u3d file, but this file cannot be opened with anything. Can anyone explain to me what's happened, and how to fix it? About a year ago this workflow worked fine.

Thanks,

Nik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I've just tested and did not get any error using 20.0.6 on Windows 10. But, see the following from the Adobe Help pages

which may be impacting your ability to open the file:

:

Limitations while exporting to the U3D format -

Ensure that any 3D layers that you're exporting as U3D have only triangular object geometry. Additionally, while exporting 3D layers as U3D, keep the following limitations in mind:

• Higher-level primitives, such as NURBS, splines, and curves, are not supported.
  • Texture mapping is limited to only one diffuse map per material. Ambient, specular, luminous, or opacity texture maps are not supported.
  • Material animation is not supported.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave! I'm on a mac at the moment, but tomorrow I'll try it on my PC at work. I have vague recollections that some things worked on one platform and not the other (though my memory is fuzzy, and that may have been exporting meshes from meshlab).

EDIT: I tried on my PC and lo and I don't get the error but the u3d still crashes acrobat. However, I have since noticed that there is now an "export to 3d pdf" option, and that seems good enough for now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nik,

I am also trying to export a U3D from meshlab and it keeps crashing (without an error). You mentioned the "export to 3d pdf" option that seemed to work--what platform was that on? Blender? Photoshop?

Thanks!

Shariwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines