Problems Wacom Intuos 4 / Intuos Pro with Photoshop 2020 – Jumping elements

Participant ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody!

My settings:

Photoshop 2020 (21.1.1)

1. Intuos 4 XL (PTK-1240) + IMac OSX 10.15.4 (Catalina)

2. Intous Pro M (PTH-651) + MacBook Pro 10.15.4 (Catalina)

Wacom driver (6.3.38-3 - with all the new required security settings in system preferences)

Problem description: at moving element the elements jump a bit back or around (especially strong: smart-objekts or in group folders combined elements). I have to use the mouse for positioning the elements exactly. That nerves very much.

How I tried to fix:

x Calling service hotline Adobe and Wacom – no one could help.

x Deleting the Photoshop Preferences and resetting settings

x Checking running Photoshop with graphics board acceleration and without (GPU on off)

x Reinstalling the wacom driver (including resetting all settings)

Little note: Photoshop 2020 needs MacOS Catalina – and Photoshop 2019 (where the jumping elements with Wacom weren‘t not yet) didn't run completely proper under Catalina... 😞

So my question:

Have anyone the same or similar problems? And has got sb. any idea to fix the problem?

Thx a lot for every help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

It all works properly in the meanwhile! Since Photoshop 2022! THX a lot to the developers!

Regards, Hubertus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

In the meanwhile I have chatted again with the Wacom Support.

I did some new experiments and settings:

Intous Pro M (PTH-651) / Intuos 4 XL (PTK-1240) + IMac Retina 5K 27' Ende 2015 OSX 10.15.4 (Catalina) – two monitors

x Set up of a new clean extra user account on the Mac

x Reset Photoshop CC 2020 Preferences

x Test: installation of the older Wacom drivers version 6.3.37-3

x Repeated installation of the current Wacom driver version 6.3.38-3

Unfortunately all without success: Jumping elements Photoshop 2020 (especially smart objects or layer-groups in folders), no jumping element in Photoshop CC 2019, no jumping elements if using the Mouse (both Photoshop Versions)

Here some examples of the jumping elements:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nux6fd644bqvdn6/Bildschirmvideo%20springen%20wacom%20photoshop%202020.mov?...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eh2htjlyl9gjw35/Bildschirmvideo%20aufnehmen%20springen%20wacom%20photoshop...

Has no one an similar setting and or not similar problems with an pen tablet from Wacom?

Thx a lot for every help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow that is weird. I'm on Windows not Mac, but I also use a Wacom tablet. While I haven't had your particular problem, I definitely have had pen weirdness at times. The most common one is when the pen selects everything and won't let go. Your issue reminds me a little of that one. It's almost as if there's some kind of invisible spider web filament coming from the pen, and it won't quite let go.

One dumb thing that has worked for me is to just rap the pen against the palm of your hand a few times. See if that does anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ponytail - thanks for your comment. 🙂

Unfortunately in my case the problem is not so easy to solve. And against a problem with the pen is speaking – if I switch to the old Photoshop 2019 – there is the problem not...

Greetings, Hubertus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody!

After attemptings in various forums - meanwhile some other users have confirmed the problem ( https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2020-wacom-tablet-problem-jumping-e... ) - there is still no feedback from Adobe or Wacom (official error reports - without reply or the suggestment I just want to contact the forums) - I want draw attention to the problem again.

It is still the case (currently Photoshop 21.2.4. - Version 22.0.1 I have not yet tested for reasons of various known problems - but I suspect there nothing has happened?) that elements when moving with the pen jump back and forth (snapping not activated, etc). That doesn't happen with the mouse. It only happens in Photoshop (since version 2020).

It is still very annoying and very difficult to work with. Each time you have to put the pen down and pick up the mouse for positioning:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yk15d7709uz31n2/IMG_0708%202.mov?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ws1k63n9epfcxfg/wacom%20springen%203%20beispiele.mp4?dl=0

Don't even more users have the problem here?

Is there an Adobe expert here who can say something about it?

Thx a lot for every hint or help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... or an Adobe staff would be great! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It all works properly in the meanwhile! Since Photoshop 2022! THX a lot to the developers!

Regards, Hubertus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines