• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with copy pasting from Photoshop to Illustrator and Xd. Not preserving transparency

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so i unfortunatelly had to work from a windows computer, and one of the huge minuses and bugs i have encountered is that when i try to copy paste a selected image from photoshop to illustrator or XD, all transparency information dissapears and i get a white background image in the target application.

I have attached a screenshot with a result. What i mean to ask is there a way of correcting that. I mean its a major workflow problem for me and the solution with saving a png and then draging and dopping to xd is not quit a solution :).

Untitled-1.jpg

 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of copying/pasting or saving as a PNG or PSD, I would recommend dragging the Photoshop content that has transparency into a Creative Cloud Library (Window > Libraries). Then go to either Illustrator or Adobe XD and drag it out from the library. The graphic from the Creative Cloud Library will maintain the transparency in either app (even on Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines