• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with kerning in all typefaces

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! In the last few days, a PS error has been causing me a lot of damage to my tasks. All typographies (own and even adobe's) have this error (attached) between the letters between the words, they are completely out of order and even without configuring the kerning this problem continues. Sometimes to solve this, I need to close photoshop and open it again to write a single word to fix it, and sometimes it goes normal, other times it gives an error. But lately it's been too frequent

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to reset Character panel, Type tool or even to reset Preferences as final solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO! how can i do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Character panel hamburger icon and select Reset Character

With Type tool active right click on T in the top left corner and select Reset Tool.

Go to Preferences > General > Reset Preferences On Quit and restart application. Save any unsaved presets, actions before reseting preferences https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

reset character.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solves the problem with the typography, but even so the error persists in the next new files. Practically all the work I do, the error appears, so I manage to correct the error, but I wanted to solve it so that the error does not continue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This refers to which method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem with typography, even if I reset preferences and settings, when I go to work on another file / another time, it returns to the same problem of unconfiguring all typographies

Screenshot_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you copying and pasting text from one file to another? this would also take the problematic character information with it. After you do Bojan's suggestion again of resetting the tool preferences, or the program preferences, try creating a new file and typing with a different typeface. Do you still get the same problem?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same problem even without copying and pasting the text from another file/program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried manyally resetting your preferences? Here is a help doc that will walk you through the steps you should take: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Let us know if this fixes the issue when you open a new document.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was doing it the way USING THE PREFERENCES DIALOGUE
I'll try the first way and the other, but I believe I can come back (since I tried the first time and it wasn't), if the problem returns, I'll come back here, thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, please let us know.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines