• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with layered PSDs saved as JPEG

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I've found that images I've saved from Photoshop as JPEGs have started coming out black when I open them in Windows Photo viewer (well, that is, black with the faint hint of a few tiny details in dark grey, like a bad negative).  This has only startedwith my most recent files and the images open fine with all the other apps I have on my PC (ie: Windows Media Player, Paint, Snip & Sketch, etc).  It's just that in Photo viewer, you can skip through hundreds of full screenimages quickly and now I can't with my latest ones!  Has anyone else experienced this?  

More worryingly, When I open these same images, I noticed half the menus I habitually use are greyed out and unavailable.  In the Image> Adjustments menu for instance, I can't use Exposure, Vibrance or Black & white.  This means that the problem is in Photoshop, not Windows Photo viewer.  Has anyone else experienced this?   Have I changed a setting or something without realising it?  Thanks in anticipation.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What color mode are you saving to RGB or CMYK? Exposure, Vibrance and B&Q conversion wont work on CMYK or Grayscale images. It could also be causing an issue with the Windows viewer not being RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines