• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with printing to Canon Pixma Pro-100

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having issues with getting correct colors on their prints using Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop when printing to a Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer? I just ran some tests and found that colors were accurate when I printed from a non-Adobe product, but with an Adobe product the colors are a mess.

If you had problems, how did you fix them?

I am running an iMac with Catalina 10.15.5.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I'm using Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Artistlin, here are some notes about Apple's built in Gimp Print / Gutenprint driver. Best avoided. It can print quite differently from the manufacturer's own driver software. 

CANON: Add printer, AirPrint issue

Does the print driver look different? some options have changed?

Are media names the same as previous drivers you've used, i.e. is 'Photo Paper Plus Glossy II' mentioned or are the media types just simplified like matte or gloss? 

You'll be aware, I'm sure, that the selected media name in the printer driver must match the selection which was made when printing patches for profiling. BUT is the media name you selected previously actually there in the list?

IF the media names listed differ (and have been simplified) then you are perhaps inadvertently using the Gimp/ Gutenprint driver rather than Epson’s own. It's not just a matter of installing the right driver -  - you have to select it too. It's very important to use Canon's own driver software. I tripped over this myself on a client site, the driver looked different and I put it down to an OSX update imposed style - took a while to work that one out.

Here's an example of what I'd expect to see in a Canon driver for media name options:

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 15.47.14.jpg

Can you access print settings in an application other than Photoshop, try Preview?

If not, a thorough purge may be in order, perhaps install drivers (downloaded from Canon) again: 

You can clean up the print system like this:

1: Delete all instances of Canon printers from  

System Preferences / Printers & Scanners -or- System Preferences>Print & Fax, whichever you have.

2. Then go to /Library/Printers and trash the whole Canon folder.

3.  Then go to Canon online and download the printer drivers yourself.

Do not let the Mac install the printer driver for you.

There’s one more tripwire - in System Preferences / Printers  - - - , when adding the connected printer 

[i.e. click the padlock, enter your password and click the “+” button] 

- watch out for the “Use" selection

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 15.52.43.jpg

- I recommend you do not select "Airprint" there under "use", but, rather, manually set "use” to the printer name, which will then call on the manufacturer’s own software rather than the default Apple driver (that’s based on Gimp Print, which misses out some printing options such as specific manufacturers media names). 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines