• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program Error When Opening Files

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having an ongoing issues with Photoshop for the last month and a half. This is the third time it has happened where I go to open a file (typical file has happened with .psd, .jpg, .svg) and get the error "Could not complete your request because of a program error" and Photoshop is not able to do anything again even with a clean install. I am routed to this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html. Going through the steps, deleting my preferences has fixed it so I can begin using the program again. However, I didn't add any preferences between the 1st and 2nd or 2nd and 3rd time this has happened so it is the preferences that the program is installing that is causing the issue and since a fresh install has not helped, I'm not sure what else to do. This isn't a huge issue since I can now easily find my preferences, but I shouldn't need to do this every 2-3x I open the program. Is there something I'm missing?

I am running on the latest version of Photoshop CC, Windows 10 - all relevant drivers are up to date

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Adobe thinks we don't need SVG in Photoshop anymore. The last version that supports SVG is Photoshop 22.3.1. I am also a paying Adobe customer and can no longer update Photoshop because I can no longer load my work and Photoshop crashes with a "Program Error".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Reiner Schmeinck I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system.

If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines