Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program error when saving PSD/ PSDC // uknown error when exporting

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Installed Photoshop 02/01 re-installed 10/01 on Windows 10.

Getting program error when saving PSD/ PSDCand unknown error when exporting. They exporting error seems to relate to filesize when set the scaling to higher than it is suggesting.

I've already re-installed, that fixed it for a little while but now the error is back.

Very annoyed - committed to subscription and now it stops working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody.

I have the same problem. Suddenly since a couple of weeks I cannot save anymore .psd files to Creative Cloud. This happens only with Photoshop files (any size) but not with Adobe Illustrator .ai files, that do not feature any issue. I have the latest version. I followed Adobe Help suggestions, like renaming of Core Sync folder after closing a couple of related services but it does not work. This happens on both Macs I am using. I have only two machines logged.

The only way to work is transferring files with Air Drop but it's a real pain in the ..s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mesoric,

Can you grab the text at Help> System Info and send it my way? Also a screen grab of the Creative Cloud desktop About screen would be helpful.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @mesoric , Can you please confirm below:

1) Are you getting this unknown error when you create new cloud document (PSDC) from PSD file or when you try to update/save your already existing cloud document (PSDC)?

2) Is this behavior consistently (100%) happening on your machine or it is intermittent? If intermittent, Are you doing something to get back to working state like relaunching photoshop, re-installation etc?

3) Can you please reproduce the issue and share the logs collected from log collector tool - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html 

Above information will help us to investigate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The problem is always happening when saving an existing .psd into Cloud. I will send the log in a further message.
Regards

PP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neeraj, sorry for the long delay in answering.

I am uploading logs with log collector tool

Regards

Paolo / mesoric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Neeraj,

The Adobe Log file name is AdobeLogs_20211122_200318_785-mac.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @mesoric for confirmation. So, you are getting this issue permanently while saving your local PSD file to cloud document (PSDC format). As requested, can you please reproduce, capture logs from log collector & share to proceed further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @mesoric, Please share logs as requested above. And Is this issue (saving local .psd to cloud document) happening from all local .psd files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neeraj, maybe I have been able to identify the origin of the problem, although the reasons are totally obscure to me.

It seems something related with the file itself rather than Photoshop app or Mac settings.

If I open another .psd file and I save it on CC, everything goes smoothly. If I try with the troubled .psd file, then problem happens. The strange thing is that the successful file is much bigger than the troubled. Both are just one layer, very simple and both are saved with Compatibility flag active. What's wrong with the troubled file?

Thanks

mesoric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Neeraj, maybe I found the problem, finally.

The troubled file was originally modified in Lightroom using the "Improve" function that increases resolution and then it was processed in Photoshop.

If I follow the same process (Lightroom and then Photoshop) but without applying the Lightroom "Improve" function, then everything goes smoothly and I can save the Photoshop file in CC as .psdc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines