Proof Colours not working in Liquify

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the new update this morning, proof colours are no longer being shown when I'm using the liquify tool. This is something I do quite often in my work and without being able to view images properly in liquify, it's hard to tell what exactly I'm doing. I checked the preferences and nothing jumped out at me that seemed new/would fix this. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SaraJane_D, sorry to hear you are having issues.  We are suggesting that your rollback to 23.3.2 until a new update is released soon. Please give this a try and let us know if that fixed this issue for you.

Here is how: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Thank you,

-- Cory

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that indeed if one sets up a soft proof and enters Liquefy, the preview isn't previewing with that soft proof. I've never tried this before so I can't comment on if this is a new bug or not but indeed, the preview isn't updating correctly. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SaraJane_D, curious, you say after recent update, could you share what version of Ps you are seeing this issue in?

One thing to try: Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist? 

As an FYI, Soft proofing in Liquify has never been supported when using the GPU. The only way to currently see soft proofing is to use Liquify in CPU mode (launch with alt/option).

Thank you,

-- Cory

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies, @CoryShubert , I didn't notice your second reply until today. I started having the issue with Photoshop 23.4.1. Previously, I was able to use liquify with proof colours without changing anything in the preferences. I rolled back to the previous version and everything was as usual with liquify. I upgraded to 23.4.2 this morning and still am not able to use proof colours in liquify.

I did go in and uncheck use graphics processor as you suggested and now I am able to see the proof colours in liquify, even in the newer versions of Photoshop. Performance is definitely downgraded with this fix, however. I am working with 6K and 8K files most of the time, so this is likely why. I definitely appreciate the workaround, and I hope at some point this is something that can be supported for proof colours in future versions. 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines