• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2017

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe tells me that Photoshop CC 2017 is not compatable with my computer. It was until this moring. I've used 2017 for 6+ years. My computer is no longer upgradeable, which means I need a new computer. I really don't want to go that route. I'm near retirement.

Any suggestions? I really can't understand how they can just end the version I've been using withouth notice. One day it works and the next day, not. No changes to my OS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your cc 2017 will continue to work. 

can you copy and paste the warning that makes you concerned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 7.43.30 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe keeps telling me it won't work on my OS anymore, that I need an update to my OS. Would they have made a global update on all photoshop CC versions that would require all of them to operate on a more current OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paul29609696x7d2 

your concerns about older cc versions is unfounded while that subscription message needs to be pursued.  once your subscription is assured, we can further discuss older cc versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to my Subscription Manager, it shows I'm current and no charges are due.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the message you posted isn't related to anything in your original post.

you should contact adobe support about that subscription lapsing message. there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been on Chat with Adobe several times today. I showed them the window I'm getting and all they can tell me is that 2017 is not compatable with my OS. They told me to come here to look for solutions. But that window is what I get everytime I try to open PS. First I get a spinning wheel. WHen I close that I get the option of closing or not, and then I get the window is sent above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's yout os?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my OS is 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your os is compatible with cc 2017, https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements/earlier-versions.html

that won't change next week or next year. adobe no longer supports 2017 (nor 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021). next year they won't support 2022, but again cc 2017 will continue to work on your computer next week, next year and the year after etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wrote "Adobe tells me that Photoshop CC 2017 is not compatable with my computer. "

And you posted a message which does not say anything about compatibility.

Please explain what leads you to say that ADOBE TELL YOU it it NOT COMPATIBLE? 

Did you contact Adobe support as well? They will tell you it isn't supported, because that's completely true. It isn't supported. That means they won't support it, not that it suddenly stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I contacted Adobe several times. They said they took CC 2017 off of their servers. It no longer exists.

All I know is that one day it was operating perfectly on my computer and the next day it wouldn't open. That's when I contacted Adobe. After several chats, they told me that it had been removed from service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paul29609696x7d2 

it's still available for download and installation IF you have a current subscription and the screenshot you posted previously indicates you do not have a current subscription, or there's some problem with your subscription.

without a current subscription, you cannot install previous versions like cc 2017.  and without a current subscription, you can't use any adobe cc apps beyond their trial period.

if you don't understand your subscription problem, what's your account reveal about your current subscription status, https://account.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My account is current. I was told by the Adobe representative that I was getting the "Renew Subscription" window as a default when I tried to launch because CC 2017 was no longer available.

That's what I was told. At that point I started working with Apple to see what could be done with my OS.

After several failed attempts with them, I went to the Apple Store and they were able to get me upgraded and now I'm on CC 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that makes no sense because you already have cc 2017 installed on your computer.  why would you need to download it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point exactly. None of it makes any sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so open ps cc 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must not have read the rest of this post. 2017 WILL NOT OPEN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paul29609696x7d2 

check your account to verify your subscription is what you expect and to verify your adobe id, https://account.adobe.com

assuming that shows an active subscription, sign out and then back in to your cc desktop application using the same adobe id used to verify your subscription: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

restart your computer.

in the cc desktop app, next to photoshop, does it show an "open" or "install" button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is all a bit confusing - but the way I read your original screenshot is that payments have stopped. It doesn't say anything about versions or version compatibility.

Payments can stop if, say, you have forgotten to update your credit card number.

Maybe I misunderstand, but that's how I read it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines