• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2020 23.0 FAIL - I need lighting effects to finish a project

Participant ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't finish a project becuase I upgraded and I can't use the lighting effects feature. It look like it doing something, But I can not see the handles anf controls to move the light, etc. Then it freezes and then I hae to close and reopen the document. What am I missing? Is there a workaround? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2021-11-05 11_59_13-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try this, but there's something overall buggy going on. After attempting the effect, the layer vanishes in the main window and the layer preiview, even though it's there after I close and open. It also seems to freeze up doing other tasks. I can close it and then reopen and everything is there again. I applied a lighting effects filter in another docuemnt, but I can't see an of the handles and lightas to move it. And then the freeze happened again. I just don't know what to do. Could this be becuase I am still using Big Sur OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use a MAC but according to the system requirements Big Sur OS is compatible.

One thing that could cause issues is the GPU you have, what are your computer system specs.

Lighting Effects work fine on my system with Photoshop 23.0 on Windows 10

Intel i9 11900K CPU

64GB of RAM

8GB RTX2060 Super GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking about that. I will keep digging into this. Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you have an M1 Mac, you might also want to run Photoshop in Rosetta mode: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a Mabbook Pro 2018

Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

This is still a mystery, and I have not had time to dig in further. Very frustrating. I am willing to bet this is all my doing LOL. Thanks all. I will try and report back soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, try to download an older version of Photoshop from the Creative Cloud application.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines