• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2021 Path and Selection Tools different than CS6? Corrections?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to move to current software but the behavior changes to the path/pen and selection tool is driving me mad.  Previously I could be using the pen tool and hold "Command" and change it to the selection tool where I could adjust and move individual points of a closed path; I'd create a closed path, all points would be "blac/solid"; hitting "Command" I'd be able to edit those points with the selection tool as well as the convert point tool.

With 2021, after creating a closed path with points are "black/solid", holding "Command" switches into the selection tool (white arrow) but when adjusting a corner point it moves the entire path, not just that selected point.  Seems like I have to deselect the path so it shows up without any points, select it with the selection tool before I can start adjusting points.  Weirdly, I don't have to do so many steps to use the convert point tool; I can immediately adjust the points after creating the path while the points are "black/solid".

Very clunky and not very efficient compared to previous version.  Maybe I'm missing something; please advise if there's a fix or I'm doing something wrong.... or if there's a way to get the older working methods into the newer version software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not reproduce the issue. 

Please post a screen recording or at least meaningful screenshots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After jumping between the two versions, I think what I'm seeing is with CS6 once you complete a closed path, all the anchor points immediately turn off, (for lack of better description) and only the outline of the path is showing.  When you hit Command Key, the cursor turns into the white selection tool which when you click on the path the anchor points show up as open (not solid) and you can adjust and manipulate them from there.

PS 2021, once completing the path all the anchor points are solid and any attempt to use the white selection tool moves the entire path, though the convert tool works just fine. Once comleting the path, I'm having to de-select it to get rid of the anchor points before I can use the white selection tool to adjust the now open points.  Hope that makes sense.

Not the end of the world, just a different dance from the previous version I guess, and frustrating trying to learn new steps and retrain muscle memory!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to click the PathPoint before click-dragging it instead of click-dragging immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines