• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2022 Icc profile for non main monitor

Contributor ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create icc profiles for my both monitors (laptop and external monitor), but in PS Color... panel only the icc profile (RVB Moniteur : .... in RVB dropdown) of main monitor is used. PS started  on main monitor or on additional monitor.

I checked in windows 10 (last update) the correct profiles are set to each monitor.

Exact same problem on windows 11 (last update)

Why is the icc profile not switching to second monitor ?

Thanks for the help

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop does switch to the other monitor profile when you drag an image over (or move the whole application). Everything works as it should, there is no problem.

The dropdown only lists the main display profile under Monitor RGB - but that doesn't mean the other profile isn't correctly used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, OK fine, is there a way to check if it is OK ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If each monitor is assigned the correct profile in Windows Color Management, everything's fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, if you have a specific problem with one display not looking right even after profiling, then we can try to troubleshoot that. But if you're not seeing anything wrong, you can assume everything's OK. This is usually very reliable on Windows. Photoshop just picks up the profile it gets from the OS, for each display.

The only thing you need to keep in mind, is that if you change the profile, you need to relaunch Photoshop. The profile is loaded at application startup, and then used for that session until next relaunch.

All that said, we have seen some problems with systems that have an integrated display + an external connected display. This has mostly affected iMacs and MBPs lately, but I've seen cases on Windows laptops too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both monitors are looking nearly the same. So I will asume every thing is OK.

Just display the current in use icc profile (screen footer !) could be a "nice to have"

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop doesn’t show the 2nd display profile in color settings, but when its working right images are presented using the profile for that 2nd display.

How to check?

Temporarily* calibrate/profile the 2nd screen with the gamma target set to 1.0

(*although Photoshop learns the gamma from the ICC profiles and can compensate and display correctly, don't leave it like that)

If you now move an image which is using the profile for display 1 to display 2 and the display 2 profile is NOT picked up, there will be a very large change in appearance. So that’s how to test the process.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines