• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ps 2022 v23 - crash at launch and omg it keeps crashing and OMG LET ME WORK PLEASE

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what a smart suggestion links to, but is not helping. Trashed font cache. Launching with shift and disabling plugins. Of cpourse i cannot turn off gpu because i cannot start PS, so i am not able to go to the prefs.....

Version 2021 22.5.2 works, opens and let me do my job.

Catalina on iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

3,4 GHz Intel Core i7 quad-core

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2 GB

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Your graphics card is just below the recommended minimum specs for current Photoshop. That and it does not have Metal support for Apple. This shouldn't prevent you from opening, but it will impede your experience.

Try holding down shift+ctrl+opt+cmd when you launch PS (prior to the startup screen). It will ask if you want to reset your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your graphics card is just below the recommended minimum specs for current Photoshop. That and it does not have Metal support for Apple. This shouldn't prevent you from opening, but it will impede your experience.

Try holding down shift+ctrl+opt+cmd when you launch PS (prior to the startup screen). It will ask if you want to reset your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines