• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2022 won't read psd files

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after updating to PS 2022 it will not open psd files, Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2022 works just fune, it is not bug in software. Check files, perhaps extension is accidentaly changed? Can you save PSD using Photoshop and try to open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the file extention is still psd.  No it will not let me bring in a psd file from before I moved to the new computer..  I am stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exactly version of Photoshop? Mac or Win? Since you have installed Photoshop on new computer it does not allow you to open PSD files from your previous computer? Or it worked then stopped after updating to (which?) version?

Have you tried to reinstall or to reset preferences https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Can you uplad somewhere file or files that can not be opened on your machine and post link here so we can test them on our machines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best if you could Zip one of these PSDs, upload to something like Dropbox or similar so others can try opening them.

What OS are you running?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just so you get an idea, when I go to file open, as you can see jpegs are available to upload but psd's re greyed out. I am running Monterey 12.0.1. soon to upgrade.

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 11.30.03 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They all appear to be on the cloud. What if you actually download them and try to open?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I just right click the image and got the fly out and clicked on open with PS and it worked.  Now why won't it open just by draging a file by hovering over PS?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8c3m62365pwpa6/mary%20shoe%20shrine.psd.zip?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing wrong with your PSD. I downloaded, unzipped, it opens fine.

The issue is you must also download all the PSD's you've somehow placed on the Creative Cloud (something I never do). The open dialog clearly shows a 'cloud' icon and a little down arrow. Photoshop can't open them until you download them.

Again, nothing wrong here with either Photoshop or your PSDs. Now why you are uploading them is another question. That is a 'feature' for some when saving images and again, I never do this, all my files (never PSDs, always TIFFs FWIW) are on my local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are not saved to creative cloud but on icloud drive as I can access them from any device. I never had an issue in downloading them before from my macbook pro or my imac.  Being on icloud drive in a folder shouldn't make a difference, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, again I do not upload such files but the bottom line is, you have to have the documents locally to open them. The JPEGs are local, you can open them. Photoshop shows the PSDs are not and you can't open them. The PSD you provided after download and upzip, opened fine here so again, there is nothing wrong with the PSDs. You may need to study up on the iCloud drive, it isn't something I use, but it needs to somehow provide that data locally to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

they have decided to block access to files from the icloud....pushing their cloud, which doesn't work ever! Why do they insist on us using their cloud, becasue they want to upcharge you when you need more space. total BS from adobe once again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines