• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ps 2023 issue “Could not complete..” during transform

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday Photoshop was working great. Today, I created a gradient and tried to extend it using the transform tool, etc. and I got this error message: "Could not complete your request because of a program error." I restarted my computer, but that didn't work. I deleted the app and reinstalled it, but that didn't work. Please advise. Cheers.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted my computer, but that didn't work. I deleted the app and reinstalled it, but that didn't work.

By @annw64630319

Can you tell us what you mean by "that didn't work"? Do you mean that you still cannot transform the gradient or something else?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshot with Layers panel expanded and visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @annw64630319 @unfortunately, reinstall seldom fixes things, compared to a preference reset: Try to restore your preferences to the default using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually it lets you keep a copy on the desktop that you can use to revert the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane, Sorry, yes, that is what I meant. It seems to be working ok now. I recently installed macOS Monterey; I have a 2015 Macbook Pro, so this will be the last upgrade I can do. Since I installed the OS, I have had problems with Adobe programs such as things responding slowly, tools not working, etc. I may have to go back to the last OS, but I am not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bojan, things are working better. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @PECourtejoie I will give it a try. Cheers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens to me. Can you explain me in detail what is the solution? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Martin28541260hhew Just in case there was an issue with the current PSD program, I just uninstalled and reinstalled an earlier version. I was then able to transform the gradient. I don't think this is the correct solution though, the problem may lie in my OS. You may want to try restoring your preferences like @PECourtejoie said. Hope that works for you. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a reference, make sure your computer is up to the Ps requirements:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think that is why I am having issues. I am also having trouble with InDesign (ie: Panel contents missing, slow, etc). Everything worked great until I upgraded my OS. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @annw64630319 can you please post the contents of Photoshop's Help>System Info... menu, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.
If your post disappears, do not repost it, as it might need to be approved by a moderator. As an alternative you can save it to a .txt file on your computer and attach it on your answer via the forum. (attachments do not post from e-mail)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PECourtejoie I attached the info you asked for, I hope I did it right. I appreciate your help. cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I see that the GPU OpenCL functions crashed, and the GPU you have seems to be underpowered. its compute score is very low, compared to the minimum needed. Did you try to check "Deactivate Native Canvas" in the menu Edit/Preferences/Technology preview (Pc) or Photoshop/Preferences/Technology preview (Mac), then restart Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PECourtejoie, that seemed to do the trick, fingers crossed. Thank you. Previously, a grey dotted line border appeared every time I clicked a layer, and now it's gone, thank goodness. Also, the speed (moving things around, saving, etc.) has improved. Is it safe to upgrade to the latest PSD now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @annw64630319 and @Martin28541260hhew Could you describe the gradient you had placed, was it a regular gradient, an adjustment layer? How did you try to transform it? CMD+T?

Which version of Photoshop had the issue, and which one does not? 

Can you post a screenshot with layers and properties panel, and the offending gradient? (or better, a video?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

I have the same 2015 MBP at home and can tell you current Photoshop will run slower given the age of the computer. It has to do specifically with your graphics cards. You have two an – Intel Iris which is well below the minimum system requirements as @CoryShubert stated and the AMD GPU.

The issue is with 2015 MBP they had a feature that would hot swap graphics cards as an energy saver feature, so your Intel could be interfering. 

On Monterey - go to Apple System Preferences/Battery and change the performance to High Power. Leaving it on automatic switches the GPU.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1677615839759.png

A word of caution - attempting to downgrade Monterey to Catalina or something earlier from an OS standpoint means basically erasing your HD and reinstalling everything fresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kevin stohlmeyer, Thanks for the info., Yikes, I guess I won't be down-saving back to Big Sur. I believe Monterey is the last one I can upgrade to due to my computer's age anyway. If I got a new graphics card and battery, etc would that help prolong the life of my computer? Is it expensive? I went to the battery section as you mentioned, and there was no energy mode drop-down, see attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @annw64630319 turn off enable graphics switching. My screen shot was from my work laptop not my home.

There really isn't options to upgrade graphics cards for a 2015 MBP. At that point you should look at getting a new Mac. I opted for a M1 Mac Mini. The cost was much less than a new laptop and it runs everything without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @kevin stohlmeyer. I will look into the Mac Mini. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hah8 I am considering the very same option. That said, the screens of the new MBP are stunningly good, according to what I read, and quickly saw...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@PECourtejoie I like mine but I didnt pay for it (work laptop). I'm a little more frugal with my home setups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines