• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 22.4.2 prompting to save numerous times

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue with all the latest versions of Photoshop. My file continually prompts me to save when I've already saved. This happens sometimes up to 7 times. It's rather frustrating. I could save my file fine, but once I do an export of this file (for web) then it prompts me numerous times to save.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export settings are saved in metadata, so the file is changed, and you need to save if you want to keep it. Same goes for printing and anything else recorded in the metadata.

And then of course anything you do to the pixel data will prompt a save request. Whenever a Save request comes up, it's because something has changed, and it pays to always think about what that might be before you commit or dismiss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand prompting to save once I've exported, I also understand this once I've changed anything in the file. But, prompting me to save after I've exported my files, which I do, and then repeatedly prompting after clicking save the first time is not normal. I've never had this issue on older versions, but always the latest version that gives these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK. No, I have no idea why that should happen, and it doesn't here. Mac or Windows? It almost sounds like a permissions issue.

If it persists, post it on the feedback forum, which is the official bug report channel, monitored by engineers. If it's a widespread problem others will chime in quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on Mac. It's not the first time that the latest version of PS cc does this. I've also had an Adobe agent try sorting out to no avail and then requesting I downgrade my version. I'll rather just post in that forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines