• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 23.1 - audio never plays in app for any MP4

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just doing basic photo editing from video shot on a Samsung S9+.  There is audio in the mp4, but I cannot get the sound to play.  I'm on a bluetooth speaker which is connecting and playing audio when I run it in the Windows audio player.  When I render the video the audio track is in tact and plays.  What am I missing?

Wingspan.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Did you check to make sure that the speaker is turned on in the controls?

Michelle

1068118_pastedImage_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is a screen shot in my OP showing that it is turned on.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you not able to get the sound to play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand the question.  I'm just trying to get it to play to my PC speakers (bluetooth).  I can play the audio on the MP4 (video) from other apps on my PC.  But I want to alter that audio and I cannot do it in PS because I cannot hear any audio on the MP4 in PS.  I have PS and LR only...the photographers package.  I don't have Premium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification. If the audio is not playing in Photoshop when the sound is turned on, then the audio might not be a format that's supported:

If it's not a supported format, you can use Adobe Media Encoder to convert it. Adobe Media Encoder is available to Creative Cloud and Single App subscribers, so you may have access through your Photograph Plan:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AME is not included in my subscription but Premier Rush was, and that seems to work fine.  I'll have to see if I can then pull it into PS to do some curves and levels before final output, but this at least lets me remove or tone up/down the volume as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines