PS 23.3.1: Zoom to Fit Shortcut (Ctrl-0) quit working. Button Works Correctly

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work computer is a PC (Windows 10 Enterprise). I noticed this an update or two ago (maybe 23.3.0) that hitting Ctrl-0 no longer zooms to fit to the screen. Instead, it just fits the image (up or down) to the current frame size. If I make the frame smaller, it fits to the smaller frame.

I float my windows, and don't tile them. Sometimes I'll have multiple windows overlapping and some minimized. When I go to the zoom tool, and use the button in the toolbar, it works fine, or as it always has. But the keyboard shortcut no longer zooms to fit.

This has been a regular part of my workflow for as long as I can remember - 15+ years and multiple OS and versions. On my personal iMac, I'm running 23.2.2 and it works as expected. But, I just updated my iMac to 23.3.1 and now it doesn't work. I saw that there was a fixed bug when windows were tiled, where it did not properly zoom to fit. But did the floating windows version get killed with the 23.3.0+ updates, when that bug was fixed?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried to reset the preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I haven't tried that yet. I've never needed to do that in 20 years of using PS. Also, another worker in my office who routinely uses ctrl-0 is having the same problem. And then, just now updating my Mac OS version from 23.2.2 to 23.3.1 and it started doing it leads me to believe it could be an issue with the new versions of Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - it looks like it's a bug then, and it continued into 23.3.1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If so mark my answer as correct to help others with same problem 😉

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines