• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 23 update issues

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating 23 to 23.0.1 on win 10 pro photoshop is randomly freezing up. Spent morning updating and rolling back to 23 multiple times finaly just went back to 23.0 for now.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any feeling as the what may trigger the freezing.  What are you doing when Photoshop freezes up on you.  Is Photoshop looping or hung not using any CPU.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about not responding, been working. Not sure about trigger. opened image  and ran camera raw as filter and it freezes almost imediatly but also would freeze just doing stuff in photoshop. and I had to minimize my screens (camraw and ps) so that I would not have to do a computer main power shut down because if either are full screenwhen it hangs I am screwed. at least when smaller I can still get to task manager to shut down PS. also I am getting the slow zoom stuff. with the ctrl + method the first zoom works but next clicks are very slow to respond. saw something about canvas in this forum. On my tech preview prefrences I currently have the deactivate native canvas unchecked and the enable native canvas rulers checked on. not sure if this is part of issue.   James Schei

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soe it may be a Problem on you machins  with ACR were you ACR preferences set to use you GPU. The Same ACR though is working with the priot version 23.0.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues as well, not freezing but the window flickers like an external program or window is conflicting — forcing me to redo whatever edit i was in the middle of doing (especially when making a selection with lasso tool - mid process the line dissappears and i have to restart selecting). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried disabling thing like native canvas and  GPU support to see if they help.  Adobe seems to be having problems in their native canvas support and supporting some  gpu device drivers.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having these issues with the 23.5. How can previous version be reinstalled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the CC desktop app, and click the three dots to the right. There you have an uninstall option, and also "other versions" where you can choose which version you want.

Important! Uninstall your current version first, before installing the one you want. Otherwise your file associations will likely break, and it can be a bit tricky to reassign them correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines