• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

PS 24.0.0: very long lags when using "Select and Mask" tool

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  there,

I have a problem with Photoshop which I have after the update on 24.0.0: When I use the "Select and Mask" tool fot the second time and all times afterwards in a session, it takes several minutes to open.

That means I open my usual amount of pictures (usually 50 pics), and I run a first "Select and Mask" over all of the pics with the batch function. Then afterwards I usually I have to go over all of the pics again because the objects are not reliably selected. Which means I sometimes use the "Select and Mask" on an already selected object again because it is faster to mask this way.

Since the update on 24.0.0, after I ended masking the first pic and want to use "Select and Mask" again, the tool takes several minutes to open.

System specifications are:

Windows 10 Home

Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19043
graphics card Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver version 31.0.101.2114 (which should be the newest one)
processor Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 GHz

Adobe support keeps telling me it´s the graphics card which is too weak. I would be inclined to believe that, if it wasn´t for this:

Whenever I take the "Adobe Photoshop 2023 Settings" File out of C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023 and place it somewhere else, the same "Select and Mask" that lagged before works without any problem whatsoever. No matter how many pictures I have opened at the same time.

So - I cannot believe it´s my graphics card that is the problem here. Because the action I perform in itself works. I believe it´s a bug.

Can anyone out there tell me if my suspicion is correct, that if the action works whenever I take the Settings away, then my graphics card is not the problem? Because right now I have to work by first eliminating the Settings and loading my actions manually back into the system each time I want to work at the pictures, every I day I start to work. Which annoys me big time.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh and I forgot: I have 32 GB RAM.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines