• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 24.0 is not recognizing my GPU on iMac

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm running PS 24.0.0 on my iMac (late 2015) with OS12.6.3. According to Adobe my GPU is ok for running the latest version of PS but when I check compatibility it shows my GPU as "unknown" and everything is greyed out. Is there some trick to getting PS to recognize it? MY GPU is Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get PS to see my GPU?

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its probably too weak GPU for latest versions of Photoshop. There is requirement of 1,5GB video memory but thats not all, it must also have compute power 2000 or above is recommended https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/directCompute.html

Intel Iris Graphics 6200 is on 960 mark what is enough in many cases beside manufacturing year. Have you tried to check Preferences > Technology Previews > Older GPU mode (pre 2016). Restart Photoshop and see if there is any change.

older gpu mode.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the fast reply.  And than you for thelink.  As for the option you mention, I dont see that check box. This is what I have:  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines