• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS ACR 13.3 no longer provides ability to specify where XMP files are stored

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PS ACR 12.2.1 there was an option to choose where XMP files were stored. One option was to store them  in a PS database. That functionality was removed in later versions. Please RESTORE that functionality. I do NOT want/need/horrible inconvenience to manage XMP files along with my RAW files. I often move folders around, even from drive to drive. If I have to manage XMP files with the RAW files, it creates major workflow hassles. I'm not sure why the option was removed. It makes no sense to me.

Using the MAC OS Big Sur 11.6. I don't think my OS has anything to do with this issue. It's an internal PS issue.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it's a Photoshop issue and I give you zero chance that Adobe will change this again. You'll have to learn how to live with it, or convert your raw files to DNG. DNG files do not have XMP sidecar files, because the edits are stored in the metadata header of the file itself.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines