• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS action files not loading

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched and read how to locate and add atx files to addon folder and I have done that but when i go to load actions in PS it doesnt show up. I cant find photoshop by going in thos format 

• (Windows) C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop <version>\Presets\Actions

I can only find it by going this PC  to C drive to program files to adobe then PS 2022 and I place the file into the correct folder and nothing. If I go the route of username to aapp data I dont have PS in there just LR and raw and some other things. 

This is bothering me bc I had them there the other day and I wasnt aware I updated PS and now they are missing... 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

@Dmochowski wrote:

I have searched and read how to locate and add atx files to addon folder and I have done that but when i go to load actions in PS it doesnt show up.

Is "atx" a typo or is that the extension you are using for your action sets? The extension for the sets should be ".atn".

You can load action sets from your Desktop, Downloads, or any other folder. You don't have to put it in the Presets > Actions folder first.

When you save an Action Set, it will go to one of these locat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dmochowski wrote:

I have searched and read how to locate and add atx files to addon folder and I have done that but when i go to load actions in PS it doesnt show up.

Is "atx" a typo or is that the extension you are using for your action sets? The extension for the sets should be ".atn".

You can load action sets from your Desktop, Downloads, or any other folder. You don't have to put it in the Presets > Actions folder first.

When you save an Action Set, it will go to one of these locations by default: 

• Windows 
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop <version>\Presets\Actions
  • macOS 
    Applications > Adobe Photoshop <version> > Presets >Actions

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

omg... i havent messed with them in so long all the articles i looked at talked about moving manually into the deisred folder i completely forgot you literally just double click... I feel pretty dumb regarding that lol. Havent loaded addons in years so i completely forgot 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines