Exit

PS bug when saving in actions

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(cross posted to LR)

Got a weird issue, possibly a bug.

What happens: In LR I do my edits (for stacked photos) and apply them to multiple images. I then send them to PS as layers. When I manually align, stack, and save them they work correctly. So I created a basic PS action to select all layers, align, stack, save, and close. This all works great. After it saves it sends it back to LR where I will start the new tif that PS sent back.. and then move on to the next set of images.

Should be pretty straight forward. However after editing all of the photos I realized 80-90% of all of the new files were gone.. not deleted in my recycle bin, not missing stars, not in the folder and unlinked in LR.. just gone like I had never saved it.

So I started the process again and tried to see what was going on. I wasn't able to pinpoint the exact cause or time - but I believe the image deletes or whatever after the next set of images are saved within the action - maybe like the previous tif is being overwritten by the new action. There were a couple photos in the original process that I couldn't run the action on, which makes me think it is that... also because I edited the action and removed the save and close function and so far in my new testing nothing is coming up missing.

- latest version of PS and LR, m1 imac running 12.4 Monteray

Has anyone ever run into this issue before?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ericl59476742 , would it be possible for you to share your action? The team could look into it and see if they can find anything that might be causing this.

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines