PS crashes after textbox edit

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so fed up with PS because it seems to work less with every update.

I need to use the text box tool constantly for my work.

But since a few weeks ago, randomly when I edit and/or exit a text box, PS completly freezes and can only be force shut down via the Task Manager.

I didn't have such a problem before, and the files I work with weren't changed either.

The error is completly random, too, so even though I save and auto-save a lot, I still lose work and a lot of valuable time.

So far, no trouble shooting tips I've seen online helped (reset text tool, deselect "show type names in English", de- and reinstall PS, etc).

The problem seemed to have gone away when I downgraded to a older version (I think it was version 23), but other processes suddenly were painstakingly slow (like opening files, scrolling, etc).

So I updated to the newest version again (23.4.1), and the problem is there again, too.
I wanted to downgrade again, because even though PS sucks like that, I could at least use it without crashing.

But now the "install other version" option is gone from Creative Cloud too?!

Does anyone know how to fix this or at least how to get the "install other version" back?

Why did Adobe get rid of that in the first place??

Info: I'm on Windows 10 on a desktop, with no other programs ever freezing, stressign the CPU like that.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Install a previous version is still available for me, have you tried signing out of the Creative Cloud app and signing back in again

2022-07-21 09_47_30-Window.png

2022-07-21 09_49_16-Window.png

As for the text issue have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences

2022-07-21 09_51_30-Adobe Photoshop 2022.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

And have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences back to the factory defaults (as described by Jed)?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Thomasss12345 wrote:

So far, no trouble shooting tips I've seen online helped (reset text tool, deselect "show type names in English", de- and reinstall PS, etc).

So I updated to the newest version again (23.4.1),

Hi Thomas,

You didn't mention that you tried the troubleshooting tips on this help page, such as resetting preferences, deleting the font cache, and turning off font preview. Read the entire page, as it could be a damaged font that is causing your issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

A side note: 23.4.2 is the newest version of Photoshop.

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines