Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Crashes When Sampling with Clone tool

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 23.3.1 Mac Studio Apple M1 Max

Doesnt happen all the time but once it starts with a file I am stuck in a loop of crashing everytime I try to sample with the clone tool. Its an instantaneous crash and close of photoshop as soon as the sampling happens.  If I merge above and delete the layers that initially caused the issue things seem to be back to normal suggesting it it something specific to certain layers. Havent had time to dig in to it more as I have already lost enough time. I just upgraded to 23.3.1 in the hopes that would fix it, it didnt. It also happend in previous version.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue since upgrading to 23.4.2.  Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening every time for. me, only on my new iMac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Running Photoshop 23.4.2 on MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.4

I've tried opening old files and new files. I've restarted and nothing seems to work. I am dead in the water without the clone tool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issue. It instananiously crashes as soon as i start to use the clone tool. I've been submitting crash reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have the same problem: clone stamp tool makes Photoshop crash + quit immediately as soon as I click - in any doc.  I'm using Photoshop 23.4.2 with Mac OS Monterey / MacBook Pro M1. I've also been submitting crash reports.
Thanks in advance for any help you may provide!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have similar problem,  the clone stamp tool makes Photoshop stuck and unresponsive.

I'm using Photoshop 23.5.0 with Mac OS Monterey 12.15.1 / MacBook Pro M1 Max.

Also,  I've been submitting crash reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What in the heck have they done now? I am experiencing the same problem on a relatively new and pretty powerful mac. I'm sure HQ bungled it up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines