• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

PS Image window of Subject Changes Color/Tone & PS Window Resizing (Related?)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have two issues to report.  Both of which seemed to have started happening about a week and a half ago after I installed the PS update prior to the latest one this morning.

First, when editing an image in PS window that is not maximized, the color/tone of just the subject image changes randomly.  Sometimes when my mouse scans across it and other times randomly by itself.  This does not seem to happen when the PS window is maximized.  The attached screen shots were captured on my second monitor.  Two are of the random color/tone change and the third is what the subject image should look like.  

Windows has been updated within the past week.

I have the Photographers subscription and PS has been updated.

The second issue is that I am unable to resize the PS window on my second screen so the whole PS window is visible as shown on one of the screenshots with the subject color/tone issue.  I am unable to go to the bottom of the PS window, click on the edge and slide it up.  I can do that with the sides of the PS window.  I am unable to click on the top edge of the PS window and slide it down to resize the PS window.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Windows Device Specifications

Device name Laptop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.9 GB usable)
Device ID AF85CFEB-0603-45B8-B866-0E7702EDE5D2
Product ID 00325-82179-16441-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.5.1 20220907.r.724 5600b96 x64

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Posted this on 9/24/22 and have not received a response from Adobe.  It is an issue that is making my workflow more difficult and I would appreciate a response...Thank you.

I have two issues to report. Both of which seemed to have started happening about a week and a half ago after I installed the PS update prior to the latest one this morning.

First, when editing an image in PS window that is not maximized, the color/tone of just the subject image changes randomly. Sometimes when my mouse scans across it and other times randomly by itself. This does not seem to happen when the PS window is maximized. The attached screen shots were captured on my second monitor. Two are of the random color/tone change and the third is what the subject image should look like.

Windows has been updated within the past week.
I have the Photographers subscription and PS has been updated.

The second issue is that I am unable to resize the PS window on my second screen so the whole PS window is visible as shown on one of the screenshots with the subject color/tone issue. I am unable to go to the bottom of the PS window, click on the edge and slide it up. I can do that with the sides of the PS window. I am unable to click on the top edge of the PS window and slide it down to resize the PS window.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no need to repost, you could have posted more information in the first thread.

Could you please post the contents of Photoshop's Help>System Info... menu, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.

Also, did you check if you do not have conflicting GPU drivers, see step 7 in this help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#GPUandgraphicsdrivertrouble...

I'm also moving this to the discussions, so far, it seems a configuration error.

To maximize, did you try to double click in the title bar of the document?

I believe you can also use windows and up or down arrows, iirc to move a stuck program.

I hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PE,

Thank you for your suggestions.  I started following your suggestions from the article you noted.  

Long story short, I reinstalled the GPU drivers and that seemed to correct the issue.

I will make a note of what I did in the event it happens again.

Thank you again for your guidance.

Stay well.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to read everything is OK for you now.

Thank you very much for pointing out what worked for you, it might help others.

Yes, keeping the machine up to date is a good recipe for a Photoshop well being.

Feel free to pay it forward by sticking around, and helping others whenever you can, you might have quite some experience, if you started with CS5 Extended 😉

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello PE,

It's baaaack.  Yes, that fix appeared to be temporary.  I opened PS just now and the problem is back.  I reinstalled the GPU software/drivers as I did before and it had no effect.

So, I am not sure what to do now.

Thoughts?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer...  I would try two things:

1) Please try to check "Deactivate Native Canvas" in the menu Edit/Preferences/Technology preview (Pc) or Photoshop/Preferences/Technology preview (Mac), then restart Photoshop.
If this does not work, uncheck, restart, then

2)Try to restore your preferences to the default using this manual method (scroll down to the manually section) :
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually it lets you keep a copy on the desktop that you can use to revert the process.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your suggestions.

"Deactivate Native Canvas" did not work.

Restoring preferences did work...fingers crossed...I will keep you posted if it lasts more than a day ;-{)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preferences should not corrupt like this, unless Photoshop is closed unproperly.

Did you keep a copy of the 'bad' preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good Morning,

Well, the restoring preferences lasted until a few minutes ago.  I reset preferences again and am able to view the whole PS window smaller than the maximized window. 

Now, I know what to do when it acts up again.  There has to be something wrong.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines