• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS leaves bunch of visual waste when importing more pictures/layers into one open document

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've got two issues:

1/ PS (Windows) after last actualisation leaves bunch of visual waste when importing more pictures/layers into one open document (preview in attachment). It's part of my everyday work and it's really annoying and it makes the software very uncomfortable. I know it disappears if I zoom or unzoom but it's some new bug because I've never seen it before. Please fix this 🙂 

2/ Zoom work now like years before with marquee section but it also annoys me since I've got used to sliding zoom left/right, is there any posibility to get it back?

Thanks!

David

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you running PS 23.3.1? Are GPU drivers up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes the version was 23.3.1. I've updated everything what system allowed
me but the problem still lasted. Helpdesk then gave me an advice
downgrading to version 23.2.2 and issue is solved now 🙂
D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm it worked for a while but the visual remains of a frame from transformation is still there even if I downgraded 4 or 5 levels down. Now I really don't know what to do with it..

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's still the same.. However PS says it can not recognize GPU (in Preferences -> Performance). It's older PC owned by the company where I work but what I know is that it has Intel Core i5 processor and 16 GB RAM...

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Older GPU hardware is beginning to fail on newer operating systems, and specfically within Photoshop, where we are making more use of modernized GPU APIs in support of newer features, the older generation of cards are not reliable, and they are either failing (silently, oftentimes) or just not being recognized by Photoshop. It's becoming more common with older cards to turn off the GPU entirely, as we have CPU functions for virtually everything that the GPU would do, though they run a bit slower. When the hardware is updated, Photoshop should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines