• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Mobile - RAW Error on Import from Photo Roll

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Feb. 2023 and I know PS mobile now supports RAW DNG files but I keep getting an ERROR when trying to open RAW DNG files on iPad M1 pro from Photo Roll and QUOTE, ""Unable to load photo from library. Cannot load representation of type com.adobe.raw-image" . Have the latest PS for Mobile and importing RAW taken from iPhone 14 pro max. 

The really weird thing is if open a raw file from the NAS - network attached drive - it will open it (!) but not from the photo roll on ipad!

I can't use this NAS away from home so need to solve this problem quickly. Thanks for the help.

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not clear what application you're using. Are you working on Photoshop for iPad or Photoshop Express? Please share a screenshot or screen recording of this behavior. What version of the app & iPad OS are you working on?

Does this happen with all images from the Camera Roll? As a test, try installing Lightroom > import the image in Lightroom > Send to Photoshop Express or Photoshop for Ipad & let me know how it goes.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sameer,

thanks for the help, sorry to omit basics. I am using PS 4.3 for iPad not express. iPad IOS version 16.2. IPad Pro M1 3rd gen. 

Its only a problem with RAW images. Strangely I CAN import Raw DNG files via the NAS (network attached storage ) but not via the Photo roll! None of the images are in the cloud - images exists on iPad. 

I tried it via Lightroom 8.1.1 which does open in LR Adobe raw and when opening it via LR into PS it gets stuck and says creating preview n goes to 100% but then freezes never opens and have to quit app. Plenty of storage left on iPad. 

On the 3rd or 4th try via LR it will work and this is great but there are a few more steps to get it into my working document and when have to open up 100 images this way it's well 😳 

Do you have another suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A8A507EF-9170-48D9-A3F8-350331A6D3B8.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines