• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS no longer asks if I want to transform or crop?

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings again! My second and probably not the last question I have about the subscription version of PS is--when I use altering tools such as transforming or cropping after I transform or crop I'll click back on the tool expecting a prompt to pop up asking "Do you want to crop/transform? Cancel?". But now I get nothing. If I touch the tool or if I touch anywhere outside of the selection it will do the transformation--and then I have to desellect to desellect where as it would automatically desellect once I clicked the "Yes" option on the transform tool. The only option I have to NOT wanting to transform is to let it transform, desellect and then hit command-Z.

Thanks for bearing with me!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LesToil 

Do you have a Cancel button on the options bar? It's on the far right.

F666ACFA-24A0-4D3C-B0F6-757331D6BCD1.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cow Jane!! I never noticed those options!! I wonder if they were available in the 8-year-old PS I had been using before subscribing. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @LesToil , I'm happy to help. 😊

Those buttons have been there a long time — I still have some old books and they might have screenshots that would tell us.

A few versions back Adobe added some more ways to commit — clicking back on the tool is one of them. This screenshot is from Adobe Help: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/transforming-objects.html

FD49129F-462E-4C93-9AC2-8155F142F196.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is behaviour and I believe it is asked by community (read users) to commit transform and other things in the way it works right now without too much dialogues that slows down process (for some users it seems).

It still displays warning dialogues (choice) when you click to close unsaved document, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines