• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS not recognizing installed font

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS is not recognizing an installed font on my PC (I can use it in all of my other programs, just not PS).

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gurpreets43620430,

As you have mentioned that Adobe Photoshop doesn't recognize fonts from your machine, however, other applications do. I would request you to try the steps mentioned on this link: - Troubleshoot fonts issues in Adobe Photoshop CC, 2015, 2014, CS6, CS5 and share the results.

In case you need further assistance with this, please share the OS version, Adobe Photoshop version that you are using and is there a specific font which is not accessible via Adobe Photoshop? When you say other programs can use fonts are those Adobe applications or any other third party applications?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am having the same problem with PS. I am on an iMac with Big Sur version 11.6.7. My application is Photoshop 2022. The problem font is Eurostile Condensed and Extended #2. This font works fine in InDesign and Illustrator. I have a PS document that I created last year and I need to update it but it won't recognize the font. I have done all the steps mentioned in the link that you mentioned. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fimball1  What kind of font is it? Type 1 fonts are no longer supported in Photoshop and will no longer be supported in other Adobe apps from 2023

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/announcement-end-of-support-postscript-type-1-fonts.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/fonts/kb/postscript-type-1-fonts-end-of-support.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It is a Type 1 font. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines