photoshop is running impossibly slow after latest updates

running mac 10.15.7, PS 23.0.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble with Photoshop.
Is it slow for anything you do or does it lags while performing a particular task?
Did you try to do any troubleshooting from your end?

Would you mind updating macOS to Monteray 12.0.1 & the application to Photoshop 23.0.2? 
If it doesn't work, Optimise Photoshop, here's how you can do it: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html
Let us know if this helps.

Thank you,
Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im now on monterray, the latest version, 23.1 is a huge problem, has had to revert to older version to make it runable.  I have latest OS, etc. and have tried all troubleshooting available.  Works fine in previous version but would like to keep up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, we will work on this to make it better. Request you to bear with us till then. 

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for being responsive, when you have more info please update this post so i'll be aware!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can find under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, i have done all the basic troubleshoouting.  i have plenty of RAM and storage, to be precise 400 GB avaialble storage and 32 GB memory.  also,  since the problem only occurs with current build and not with previous,  it is definitely an issue with the build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unlikely to be a  Photoshop "build" problem. Did you reset the preferences? If you did and that didn't resolve the issue, uninstall Photoshop and reinstall it again. If that doesn't resolve the problem, use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to uninstall the application: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried all this, the previous build is fine, this sometimes occurs when the engineers structure builds differently, i have conferenced with them when this has happened between previous builds.  the engineers know these issues exist generally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try and check if updating the app to 23.1.1, helps? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mention in the post all versions post 23.1, including 23.1.1 are problematic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an update.  I tested the file out on the latest PS beta, and it works fine.  Of course, I prefer working in the regular app since my work space is neatly set up there, but does this mean anything?  Does it mean future updates will correct it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines