Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

PS v23 crash my PC and corrupt v21

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI....

First ... can you ADOBE please put back v21 in the creative coud app / Photoshop drop down list / OTHER VERSION..   So we still have access to download and install the version that work for us.. in my case photoshop v21. I don't understand why you took out of that list many other version.... it's not usefull at all for us... 

bellow:  are the context of what append, hopefully you will be able to help me.... I lost many days of work already....

PC crash… Photoshop V23

Hopefully ADOBE will have the solution for me…. Because I’m loosing many days of work…..

Windows 10 Pro  64bit

version: 21h1 (install 24 oct 2020) build: 19043.1320

Intel i7  / RAM 32g

Before Tuesday(26 oct 21) 4h30 pm, everything was rolling fine with creative cloud apps and Photoshop v21.

4h30pm via Creatrive Cloud apps: I did install Photoshop v23 to do a run test if more stable and less bug then PS v22 (that’s the reason I use PS v21).

Soon as the v23 install finish everything crash, including my PC.  After a few tried, restart the PC and I observe that many file was corrupt, including my PC  and PS v21 and v23.

From Creative cloud I Did Uninstall PS v23 but PS v21 was still down….not working.

Contacted ADOBE photoshop team tech:

• They send me the link to download : “ The Cleaner Tools “

ADOBE TECH Advice me to follow those steps:

• lunch the cleaner tool.
  • Do a manual clean up of all the ADOBE folder in my PC.
  • Restart the PC
  • Install creative cloud (was running OK)
  • Then go to photoshop app and follow the normal step :
  • in the drop-down list, select OTHER VERSIONS/ find the app version you want to install, in my case v21.

And then MY SURPRISE : v21 is not there anymore either all other version except v23 and v22, clearly ADOBE  decided to deleate all others version.

So then all the problem start…. Also the dancing in circles….

ADOBE TECH Advice me to follow those steps:

• Restart the PC
  • Uninstall everything and start all over again.

So I DID IT…  including all the cleaning steps….

Same result….

ADOBE TECH ask me multiple time(3 times) to redo those same steps …..

Adobe tech advice:

• Uninstall everything and do the clean up one more time and they send me a direct link to download PHOTOSHOP v21 without the install of the creative Cloud apps….
  • Install PS v21 from the link.
  • Same result nothing work during the install:
  • A window box pop out :  « Update required : " your browser or Operating system is no longer supported » !!!
  • Note: remember everything is already up to date (OS AND Browser

Adobe tech advice:

• Ask me the permission to work remotely in my PC.
  • They did twice the same step I did 3 times… nothing work….

First the tech said it was a OS and browser  problem they need to be updated to the newest version…

Then TECH they said the OS and browser was to recent and I need to roll back to another version !!!!

• Note: As you know after a year with the same OS you can not do a OS version rollback…

Then the TECH said : it’s a browser problem, that adobe doesn’t work with Microsoft Edge, and Edge block the sign in process into my adobe account!!! so I need to install Windows explorer 11 and do specific coding in it so ADOBE software can work with it !!!!

• Note: remember, everything was working fine before the installation of Photoshop v23.. never had any problem with my OS neither the browser….

At the END the TECH told me they will send me a solution via email…

The day after I received the email and it was link to adobe documentation so more reading to do…

The funny part the documentation was saying and confirming exactly my steps that I did before contacting the ADOBE TECH… meaning go to creative cloud apps and follow the normal step that we all do since ever…:

Go to : in the drop-down list, select OTHER VERSIONS/ find the app version you want to install, in my case v21 and install it…

They even have a pics of the steps and you can see many many other version of photoshop in the drop down list…

But the reality is : ADOBE decided to keep only v23 and v22….

It’s a really bad decision from adobe team to do that….

Many user will be in so much trouble if they have any PC or laptop problem or any problem from ADOBE software,  they won't be able to install again the proper version that work well on their computer….

The adobe software are only available via ADOBE server.. it’s not like we have a installation cd !!!

Sorry for the long explanation….

Hopefully ADOBE  or some one will have a solution for me…..

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V21 is not currently available in the CC desktop app, but you may want to follow the thread below where Adobe have acknowledged teh issue and stated they are looking to return it

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-want-to-install-ps-22-2-for-3d-features-bu...

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system.

If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines