Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

PS v24.0.1 - not being able to save a file as JPEG

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS v24.0.1 - not being able to save a file as JPEG. No JPEG options are coming while trying to 'save as'. Please help

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try File > Export > Export As, and choose Jpeg from the file format box.

That's a quick and dirty answer. If you have layers in your file, it cannot be saved as a jpeg. You would have to use the Flatten image command in the Layers Panel and your file should then have one layer with a padlock icon. Then jpeg will show up in the "save as" list.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. Yes, it is working. But one important thing I forgot to mention in my original ask was this issue is happening only with images processed using earlier version of photoshop. When am reopening a TIF or PSD file created with an earlier PS version and trying to save them as jpeg am not finding the option. There's no such issue with opening a RAW file with current version of PS and saving it as Jpeg. apologies, I should have made it clear in my original question

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured out that if I do 'save a copy' then JPEG options are available along with a whole lot of other formats. I should have checked thoroughly, before posting here. Thanks anyways!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines