• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS WRONG. Claims Scratch Disks full, when there is 2TB available!

New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS is Incorrectly claiming that Scratch Disks are full, when there is 2TB available!

Furthermore, In the list of disks to select, it misreports the size of ALL of them, and they're all the same!

I've tried clearing space, scanning disks for errors, etc.  Nothing fixes it.

This is pretty infuriating, I have projects, and pay a lot for PS.

janee_0-1683586896977.png

janee_1-1683586910148.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lee29790053stzb this isn't a Photoshop issue per se. I'm guessing you are on Mac OS Ventura.

First go to Apple System Preferences/Security and Privacy/Full Disk Access and make sure PS is listed and active. Restart your Mac and check the drive storage alottment.

If no change, next try resetting your Photoshop preferences manually. Note: Save all presets prior to resetting manually (brushes, actions, workspace, etc).
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset-preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other issue I see is in your disk info you show the drive was installed on 2014. That means you are connecting via thunderbolt 2 which can be slower. Also you may want to check your drive with Mac Disk Utility if you are running Ventura to make sure it is still compatible or needs to be repaired or reformatted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Yes, PS and Adobe has Full DIsk Access.  Checked.

The drives have all been scanned multiple times, I even resorted to booting in recovery mode and scanning there.  No errors.. I may have to completely remove and reinstall PS.. what a pain.

The real issue is that PS is incorrectly reporting disk sizes.  The OS isn't doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lee29790053stzb the issue is not with PS - uninstalling and reinstalling is not going to improve. The issue is with your OS and the format/age of the drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Lee29790053stzb you seem to have this figured out. I wish you luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines