• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS23.2..1 and 23.2.2 Randomly Crashes When Using Object Selection Tool

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ongoing issue and I am in constant touch with Adobe Tech Support.  They and I have tried ALMOST everything.  Event Viewer reports (see screenshot) have shown more than once the issue is a NTDLL.DLL file.  We have tried the following:

1. Rolled Back to earlier versioi.  Did not help

2.  Reinstalled current version.  DNH

3.  Updated Win 10 and NVIDIA drivers (always do this)  DNH

4.  Ran two hardware stress test programs.  Passed.  No issues.

5.  Switched to running BR and PS as administrator.  DNH

6. Ran Microsoft SFC and DISM.  No issues reported.  DNH (and did not fix DLL file)

7. Unistalled PS and Reinstalled.  DNH

The last one is the key.  The Adobe tech elected to unistall and reinstall from the CC app rather than my suggestion to use the Adobe Clean Removal Tool and then reinstall.  I am waiting to speak with the Adobe to determine if this might help with the DLL file.  Presumably (and I am not that expert), a clean removal of all traces of PS would also remove the DLL files and a fresh reinstalltion would intall an uncorrupted/damaged version.  One technician suggested reinstalling Windows.  That seems too drastic and obviously onerous. 

Any thoughts out there?

2.  Run Microsfot SFC and DISM

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tom Goodman, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Seems like you've tried just about everything. Did you find a solution yet? I agree that an entire Windows re-installation is not ideal, but you can re-install the ntdll.dll file through the Command/Run prompt as an Administrator. Instructions are available through answers.microsoft. Let us know how it goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for that reply.  I have been in touch with Adobe's superb support team and it appears that dll file is a known problem at Microsoft and allegedly the next major update they do will address the issue.  It also appears the uninstall/reinstall of PS did have some benefits.  I had a single crash shortlythereafter but none for three days now and I have been giving the Select Object tool a very serious workout.  I will look at that Microsoft site if their update does not fix the issue and I will report back.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the Microsoft site and it is virtually useless.  No matter how I phrased the question I received thousands of answers unless I limited the search to the last month or less.  Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, glad to hear you have made some progress with reinstalling Photoshop. Hopefully, you won't have to do anything else from here on out! As for the Microsoft Community, I know it can be daunting looking for something there. Here is one thread with steps to re-install the ntdll.dll file, should you ever need it. It seems to have helped quite a few users, but was some time ago: App crash with ntdll.dll - Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for staying on top of this.  I will look at the link you sent though I must say several expert people have told me to be VERY careful about downloading that file....even from trusted sources.  That, and the information that Microsoft is allegedly going to supply a fix in their next big update to Win 10.  I will wait for that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines