• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS23.3.2 is slower than my laptop, Is it possible to rebuild the code?

New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Desktop pc and old Laptop.

pc is 5950x ryzen 2080ti and laptop bought 2012? maybe.. it's old. bad spec.

PC : Photoshop 2022 (23.3.2) 

I open a lot of high-pixel pictures... I think the PS2020 version was fine to me. The 2022 version is too slow...
Hand move It looks like it's lagging, not smooth..

Also Adjustment layer edit slow too. everytime wait 1sec when i chaged value something.

And as i scroll down or up or down the list of layers, the layer + adjustment panel blinks. It's blinking to the point where it's annoying...

Laptop : Photoshop cs4

I can't run the latest version because it's an old computer. But I thought there was something wrong with my desktop, so I opened the same picture with my laptop.

And interestingly enough... It moves too fast and well, and adjustments are applied...........

i don't know why and don't understand this happen...

I want to operate 2022 smoothly like Photoshop cs4 in my PC...

Could you rebuild the code to improve the speed of Photoshop?(Like the old Photoshop...)

I tried setting it up and reinstalling it, but I don't think it's working. When I turned on Photoshop, the speed was already different....

Here's what I've done.

reset setting, off content credentials, deactive native canvas, ruller

change ram usage, off multithreaded compositing, off graphic processor

off open cl, off gpu compositing, reinstall photoshop, reinstall gpu driver latest version Studio driver

There was no speed improvement that I could feel. I want a quick one like the Photoshop CS series. If it's possible to modify the code, please..........I've been using it well as a desktop PC for 2 years, and it's so sad. I wonder if I spent too much money on the computer...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Help Menu in PS2022 and copy/paste the system info in your reply. That will help narrow down and causes for the slow response.

Asking Adobe to recode their software to run specifically on your equipment is a tall order to be polite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Asking Adobe to recode their software to run specifically on your equipment is a tall order to be polite."

I don't see him asking that if you read it intelligently, but rather to optimize the code, which seems to be a thing of the past?

I too remember how the old versions flew through an action. I just returned to PS from being blocked in Win 7. Now in Win 10 and latest PS things again are much slower, despite me doubling my RAM. If you can almost literally see windows being drawn on screen, I don't get how the GPU is helping anything (in Win 10 or PS).
I guess now using the GPU for compositing at least is a cool optimization or helper, but I have zero clue that this is happening. I wonder if anyone clearly notices what I would expect to be a great "boost"...?
At least my CPU is like 11 years old and you have an excuse there, yet it runs many things fast. PS, however, feels like 10 layers of spyware have been added for every major new version.... You're just wondering what the hell it is doing much of the time.

At least replacing CEP with UXP plugins is gonna help here a lot too, I'm hoping. But in the end, one is just driven to get a new computer when it's not really needed, if there was code optimization, which I think is his point.
OTOH, he clearly seems to have some specific problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines