• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSB files and high speed process.

Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a PSB file. Is there a way I can downgrade temporarily the image files, so I don‘t wait long time when redndering the effects, traces and all I apply to the canvas? I mean: in Premiere we can work with proxies, so we have a fluid and fast timeline rendering performance; is there any equivalent to do the same in photoshop when working with PSB files? I use Mac version PSD CC 2021. Thx a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Long and short: No. PS always operates on the actual pixels of a document.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: No. PS always operates on the actual pixels of a document.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop should normally not have speed issues even with huge files. If you do, something's wrong. The most obvious place to start looking is your scratch disk setup. Make sure you have 500GB - 1TB free space on a fast disk.

If that's not it, the next usual suspect is the video driver.

Third, plugins and extensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It makes me think that I should work with only one file in one internal drive of 1TB, which is not typical (at least on me). So, the other *psd projects might be on a different drive? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to have one file on one drive, but if you can, dedicate one external drive just for a scratch disk while you are working. Save all your files on a different drive. And keep your hard drive as clean and clear as possible--this will help speed things up too.

How much RAM do you have? Also, what size is your file (in pixel dimensions)?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My file is 11811px x 11811px aprox. Actually is 50 cms x 50 cms at 600 pixels per inch. It‘s for printing. RAM 16GB. I just dragged it to a big internal drive with more space, let’s see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines