• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PsCC- Re-Size to Fill Screen?

Participant ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a setting within Ps that when I resize an image that is smaller than on the display, Ps will auto do that..Fill the Scree? Instead of me selecting that in the Menu?

Thanks

Dan

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about this key command:

Fit.jpg

If you want to go deeper with more complexity: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/how-do-you-set-fill-screen-as-default...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what digitaldog said, my favorite "spring-loaded" shortcut is Z + Left Click. (While holding it down, Photoshop temporarily switches to the Zoom Tool. Move left or right to increase or decrease zoom level. Let go of Z and the mouse button once done.)

The cool thing is that this is true for a lot of tools. (e.g., You can temporarily switch to the Move Tool by holding down V.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is what I did BUT...up until this PsCC "Update" whatever option was Default to do a Full Screen was eliminated.

Previous settings should be "filed" somewher in the new upgrade to revert back to them after the new "Upgrade" is installed.

Your added link is probably what I need.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An automated approach is to use the Script Events Manager to run an Action or script to fit all images onscreen when opened.

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2021/10/photoshop-script-events-manager.html

When you say resize, do you mean Image > Image Size?

What is the exact event that makes the image smaller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to add, to what he others have said, PS will generally fit the image on the screen, unless the pixel dimension at 100% makes it smaller than the screen size. I'm sure this is intended behavior, as Adobe doesn't want tiny files opened and enlarged so much that people are complaining that their images look pixelated. The shortcut cmd/ctrl-0 is quick for these situations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines