PSD blank after rest mode

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I've had an issue yesterday where i saved my photoshop file, left photoshop open and put my computer in sleep mode to go to the gym.

when I returned home I had to start up my computer as if it was turned off. I started photoshop back and saw my file in the recent files and started it from there. when it opened my file it was just black, no layers, no nothing. The preview showed my as normal. I've tried to look for restored files or temporary files but could not find anything besides blank files.

My Psd is still 1.5 gb in size but when I open it there is just nothing there, if i save it as it is its only 758kb so I'm thinking there must be something there ?

But i cannot get it to show anything, not on a different computer or photoshop version. Has anyone had anything similar or now a way how I may get my file restored ? I opened it in lightroom because i wanted to see what a different app would show me, I saw a small preview of my original file and it then turned black. there has to be some information left I know I should just accept that everything is lost but I have to try everything first, so thanks a lot for any advises or anything that could help

I'm using the latest version of Photoshop on windows 10 if thats of any help

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021
Hi Sounds like the file got corrupt during the shutdown, don't you keep a backup of your files?, it's one of the most important things to do, backup to external storage and or the cloud and always do incremental backups along the way. You could try this tool to see if it can recover the file, not sure how good it is as I never had to use it. https://www.psd.repair/#/ Never leave documents opened in Photoshop when your PC is in sleep mode, always save and close and always backup your important fi...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Sounds like the file got corrupt during the shutdown, don't you keep a backup of your files?, it's one of the most important things to do, backup to external storage and or the cloud and always do incremental backups along the way.

You could try this tool to see if it can recover the file, not sure how good it is as I never had to use it.

https://www.psd.repair/#/

Never leave documents opened in Photoshop when your PC is in sleep mode, always save and close and always backup your important files.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines