• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSD File does not open in the newest version of Photoshop 21

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached you can see a screenshot of my Photoshop (newest version) and the the same file opened with an older 21 version. Has anybody an idea?

Its a quite new iMac I am working at. 2020 Core i7.

AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GBBildschirmfoto 2021-10-19 um 16.02.11.pngolder version.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But there is an open file called Scene-1.psd. This is clear. Is the problem that the file is open, but blank (no error messages)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly that is the problem. The file is open but there is noting to see. No error messages. Also interesting -  when I grab the file and pull it out of the bar the picture is visible until I release the mouse. šŸ™‚ I am fine now, I did reinstall 22.2 but it is definitely a bug somehow. Thank you for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Looks like a bug... looking at the first image I see it has "Color Adjustments" Layer visible.

• If you see this again and turn that Layer visibility on/off does that fix the issue?
  • Also try grabbing the window and moving it around, does it appear or disappear again.
  • Or try Full Screen (F key)

Please report if you see this again and any steps prior to this issue. If you come across the issue the easiest way to fix is probably restart, my guess is video memory was corrupted somehow. 

• Did this happen after first launch, open file ?
  • Or did this happen after using Photoshop, working on files etc... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Daniel, thank you for the reply.

What I can answer is no, no and no.

Means, layer visability didn't fix the issue, while grabbing it stays visible and full screen does not change anything.

But yes, this happened after the first try opening that file.

Now I changed back to an older verison and cannot help anymore

But I could send you the MockUp file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure I would apprecaite that and will have a look.

You can send a link or file to 

[ email removed as per forum guidelines ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a 3D element in one of those groups. If so, try going to Preferences > Technology Previews and check Deactivate Native Canvas. Then close and restart Photoshop.

Now try opening your file.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question. If you open the image in the older version (so you can see it), then save as a TIFF, same issue? 

You do know, outside of some minor support for PSD in InDesign, there's little reason to every save as PSD, and lots of reasons to sick with an openly documented format like TIFF which supports just about everything a PSD does? 

http://digitaldog.net/files/TIFFvsPSD.pdf

Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines