• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSD files icons not showing (Photoshop - Win10)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still without solution about this topic: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/i-lost-psd-files-icon-with-photoshop-23-5-1-...

1.PNG

It is a nightmare to work with PSD files only showing thumbnails, like a picture file, I cannot quickly detect that is an importante PSD file with thumbnails on by default. I need my old icon back.

I tried everything, is not a Windows problem, it should be a Photoshop problem.

Please, I'm about to throw my PC out the window.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Your sure no codec is installed that shows the psd files as thumbnails?

In your other post you say it's a new computer, so the maker could have installed the program/codec.

You looked at the list of installed programs to see?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Hi, @Jeff Arola 

YOU ARE A REAL HERO!! ALL MY RESPECT TO YOU

You nailed the problem! I had a video codec called "Shark007" for mp4/mkv files and subtitles that in the new versions they added a new complement called "Icaros thumbnailing" so when I installed this program in the new PC "Icaros" started to mess things up and on my old PC I was using an older version of this codec that's why I didn't have this problem.

Now I disabled "Icaros thumbnailing" and the new PSD files showed icons again. I n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your sure no codec is installed that shows the psd files as thumbnails?

In your other post you say it's a new computer, so the maker could have installed the program/codec.

You looked at the list of installed programs to see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Jeff Arola 

YOU ARE A REAL HERO!! ALL MY RESPECT TO YOU

You nailed the problem! I had a video codec called "Shark007" for mp4/mkv files and subtitles that in the new versions they added a new complement called "Icaros thumbnailing" so when I installed this program in the new PC "Icaros" started to mess things up and on my old PC I was using an older version of this codec that's why I didn't have this problem.

Now I disabled "Icaros thumbnailing" and the new PSD files showed icons again. I need to found now a way to delete previous cache information so every PSD files shows as icons and verify if the pictures, videos and the rest of the files types are ok, but this was the problem, for sure!

You don't know how happy you made me, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bonjour.

ou trouve t on ps psd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Als ik in PS 2023  een PSD wil openen laat hij alleen de blauwe iconen zien en vroeger zag ik gelijk wat  de inhoud was (afbeelding).

Curley28295810tvxp_0-1675774956296.jpeg

Ik wil nu de afbeeldingen zien.

Curley28295810tvxp_1-1675774956298.jpeg

in een oudere versie van PS stond hier: alle indeling  ingevuld.

Hoe krijg ik dit weer goed!

Met vriendelijke groet Coby Rietdijk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines