• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

psd files won't open since operating system was upgraded

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am hoping you can help me please. My macbook stopped been able to get into idrive..I took it to the repair shop and they updated the operating system to montery - and photoshop to 23.3 at the same time. But now Photoshop won't open any of my existing psd. files - it says 

'Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file.'

They are psd files created in photoshop - some dating back to 2017, some from last week - but I get the same message for all.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance if you are able to help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Try dragging the file to your local HD and not the iDrive.

Also double check the Info (File get info) on the document and make sure it is set to open in Photoshop.

Lastly - go to Apple Preferences/Security and Privacy and add Photoshop to the Full Disk Access list and make sure its checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try dragging the file to your local HD and not the iDrive.

Also double check the Info (File get info) on the document and make sure it is set to open in Photoshop.

Lastly - go to Apple Preferences/Security and Privacy and add Photoshop to the Full Disk Access list and make sure its checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey thank you so much! the one 'check the info - file get info' worked! I
am so relieved, thank you 🙂

*Julia Eastwood | Owner & Illustrator*

*Studio B22, Croft Myl, West Yorkshire*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines