• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Psd mask layers corrupted.

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on psd file, when some masks began to corrupt: get stripey and change colors.

Tatiana23084497zeko_1-1644437778092.png

I thought It was a big deal and tried fixing them, by deleting and creating new ones. But then I tried saving it as a png and it looked like this.
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-09 at 20.47.54.jpeg

Also, when I tried creating a new file (I didn't shut down PS) instead of the usual white background I got a piece of the image above in black and white, stretched and also corrupted. 
I don't know, what else can I provide for you to look into it, but If I can, please tell me.
Hope this never happens again because I got one or two gray hairs when it happened.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you reproduce this behavior on multiple systems? Last time I saw something like this was bad RAM modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still occuring! 
Photoshop is corrupting files and ruining work.
It seems to take selections and applies them to layer masks.
To combat this i have been removing layer masks within the psd and deleting anything that isnt needed. I then open a fresh psd and duplicate the layers i need from the corrupted file across to it. Save that one down and then close photoshop, clear recent file list and purge cache. I delete the old corrupt file from my desktop and anything linked to it. I force quit everything and restart my computer.

Sometimes this still doesnt work so i tend to save as i go regularly and then as soon as the corruption starts i just quit photoshop, restart my computer and then pick up where i last saved in the psd. 

This is a serious issue and im tired of all of the work arounds - does anyone have any recommendations that can fix this issue?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 12.11.15.pngScreenshot 2022-07-20 at 14.38.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this issue occur today and tried first closing the file without saving and opening it again. The issue was still there, so I tried turning off the Use Graphics Processor. I closed photoshop (without saving) and opened the file I had been working on, and the issue was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines