• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSD MockUp File - can't open PSB files now with Photoshop 2021

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I use mockup files from popular mockup creators and have been using for months with no problem.  Suddently today, i can no longer open the PSB editable file to change the mockups.  Usually there is a layer that is titled CHANGE HERE or CLICK THIS, etc, and after cxlicking a .PSB file will open where you can put your design in and then save and it will show up on the PSD mockup.  Clicking the text no longer does anything.  This wasn't like this last week.  HELP! See attached for an idea of what I mean... 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all smart objects are PSB files.  If you used Replace Content on a Mockup templates smart object layer and saved the mockup PSD or PSDT the smart object layer's object may no longer be a PSB file.  It could be an ACR RAW file, an illustrator Vector File, a  Photoshop image file like a PSD, Jpeg, Png, Tif etc.   Not all Mockup templates contain smart object layers that only contain PSB object.   When you convert Photoshop layers to a smart object layer the object will be a PSB object.  If you place in as image file the layer's smart  object can be a RAW file, a Vectot File  or a Photoshop image file like a PSD, Jpeg, TIF etc  I find Mockup templates that have  Smart object that a RAW, Vector, Png and jpeg can be  a problem.  I recommend  creating Mockup templates that do not have object that are those types object. Opening a RAw Object will open in ACR,  Opening a Vector object will open in Illustrator,  While openind a PNG and Jpeg Object will open in Photoshop. Place may have trimmed a png file transparent boarders, and with a Jpeg object if you add layer editing the opject you nust flatten the layers so save will work to have photoshop the update the smart object laye's object 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

where is the solution guys? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines