• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.psd opened as a smart object from Lightroom - How do I open ACR?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a raw file as a smart object from lightroom the lightroom edits are available in photoshop by double clicking on the smart object icon on the thumbnail of the layer to open ACR. All good I can save the ACR edit and overall result as a .psd that appears in lightroom.

But now if I make lightroom adjustments to this .psd file and open that psd as a smart object I cant find how to access the ACR that was applied to .psd file from photoshop. Double clicking on the smart object icon on the layer now opens the psd file. The adjustments I made in lightroom to the .psd file have clearly been applied (e.g. a crop) but I cant work out how to open them as ACR in photoshop. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom can't read layers and it can't read smart objects from Photoshop. All it reads is a flattened composite, inserted into the file in Photoshop. What you get is a flat image with Lightroom adjustments, all the previous history is gone.

For this reason, roundtripping is usually just a ticket to confusion and chaos. Start in Lightroom, finish in Photoshop, done. One way. Don't go against the natural flow.

It can be done if you know what you're doing and are acutely aware of the above. If not, don't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines